An old tradition says that this village was once covered by water, which, after falling leaves and clay, affected the growth of wild reeds, a plant that gave the land its name. Kallmeti is an ancient settlement. Archaeological finds throughout the countryside show that it has been inhabited here since the new stone era until late antiquity. Residents of Kallmet created their own culture, crystallized distinctive features, making this village a special ethnographic unit in Lezha. Particularly distinctive is the dressing of women and girls in whole-white clothes (lace-up dress). In this area was created the grape variety Kallmet as well as the large grain olive mentioned in the scientific agricultural literature. In Kallmet, monuments of culture were erected, such as the 13th-century church of Euphemia, in which is carried out the annual pilgrimage. Kallmeti is a beautiful, clean area, close to the city, with a mountain, rich in water and greenery throughout the year. The villages of Kallmet commune are illuminated in the western rays of mountain Velje, on the low hills on both sides of the rural road Lezhe-Vau i Dejes. In Kallmet there are centuries-old olive trees and numerous vineyards. The geographic position of the area greatly favors the development of tourism in this area as an integral part of the tourism development in the region, serving the latter with the enrichment of sites and natural and cultural monuments for visitors. In addition we offer traditional cultural activities, acquaintance with architecture and traditional constructions, etc. In this context, Kallmet remains an important center of tourism in Lezha, especially adding to the value of tourist attractions thanks to the two countries of high value and historical and cultural importance: the Church of St. Euphemia in the village of Kallmet and the Church of St. John in the village Merq (Arbëri Assembly was held).
Other historical objects in the municipality of Kallmet are: The former bishopric. Bridge “Plak Gjon”. Church of the “Heart of Christ”. St. John’s Church. In Kallmet there are natural monuments such as: The Church of St. Euphemia. Cave of Hut. Ulli over 1500 years old. Hajdari Prison. Traditional kallmetore clothing Wearing women’s and girls’ shirts is a special dress that changes completely from the outfits of the surrounding provinces. The palm-shaped coating is white, also called the continuum of the Illyrian dress. Whereas the folk costume of the kallmetor husband, from ancient times to the present day, is similar to the dress of the man of the northern parts of our country. The villages of Kallmet commune are distinguished as important Catholic centers for the Lezha district. This is confirmed by the churches that have arrived to this day such as: Church of St. Euphemia Church of the Assembly of Arbër St. John’s Church Church “The Heart of Christ” Church of the Castles After the fall of Lezha in the hands of the Ottomans, the Bishop’s center of Lezha was mainly in Mërqi and Kallmet. From 1847, when they settled in Kallmet, the bishops who lived here are: Master Pali II Dodg Ms. Francis Malczynski Mr. Leonard Deda Mr. Luigj Bumçi Mr. Nicholas Troshani